|Posted on February 13, 2018 at 10:45 AM|
It's been awhile since I posted anything and that's because I ran out of things to say or do AND have been busy offline! But with Valentine's Day tomorrow I decided I needed to post something to celebrate the day. I love chocolates but not everyone does (hard to believe, I know) so here's a recipe to share with your sweetie or all by yourself.
Goes down a treat with cheese, pate, peanut butter, hummus, or salsa.
SWEETHEART CRACKERS RECIPE
Makes around 3 dozen depending on the size of your cookie cutter! For other occasions, use whatever cookie cutter you fancy. Don't over handle the dough as it will toughen up if handled too much.
- 1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup milk (I use whole milk)
- Sesame seeds, cracked pepper, sea salt (optional)
- Heat oven 10 325 F deg. In food processor whith chopping blade, process flour, baking powder, and butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Divide down in half. On floured surface, roll one dough half until paper thin, lifting dough often to dust with flour to prevent sticking.
- With 3-inch heat-shaped cutter, cut rolled dough into crackers. If desired, lightly sprinkle crackers tiwh sesame seeds, pepper, or salt.
- Gently roll rolling pin over the dough to press the seeds, pepper, or salt onto each cracker.
- Transfer crackers to ungreased baking sheet. With fork, pierce each cracker 4 or f5 times.
- Bake 10 minutes; turn crackers and bake 10 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool crackers; store in airtight container.
- Repeat with 2nd half of dough.