|Posted on February 13, 2018 at 10:45 AM||comments (1)|
It's been awhile since I posted anything and that's because I ran out of things to say or do AND have been busy offline! But with Valentine's Day tomorrow I decided I needed to post something to celebrate the day. I love chocolates but not everyone does (hard to believe, I know) so here's a recipe to share with your sweetie or all by yourself.
Goes down a treat with cheese, pate, peanut butter, hummus, or salsa.
SWEETHEART CRACKERS RECIPE
Makes around 3 dozen depending on the size of your cookie cutter! For other occasions, use whatever cookie cutter you fancy. Don't over handle the dough as it will toughen up if handled too much.
- 1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup milk (I use whole milk)
- Sesame seeds, cracked pepper, sea salt (optional)
- Heat oven 10 325 F deg. In food processor whith chopping blade, process flour, baking powder, and butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Divide down in half. On floured surface, roll one dough half until paper thin, lifting dough often to dust with flour to prevent sticking.
- With 3-inch heat-shaped cutter, cut rolled dough into crackers. If desired, lightly sprinkle crackers tiwh sesame seeds, pepper, or salt.
- Gently roll rolling pin over the dough to press the seeds, pepper, or salt onto each cracker.
- Transfer crackers to ungreased baking sheet. With fork, pierce each cracker 4 or f5 times.
- Bake 10 minutes; turn crackers and bake 10 more minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool crackers; store in airtight container.
- Repeat with 2nd half of dough.
|Posted on February 12, 2017 at 11:30 AM||comments (1)|
I'm having problems with my web host - I can't upload any images or videos and that's why I have been so silent. I had such great ones I wanted to use.
Apologies - have a great Valentine's Day!
|Posted on February 14, 2016 at 9:45 AM||comments (1)|
Forgot it's Valentine - no chocolates, flowers, or cards for your sweetie? Never mind, it's not too late to melt her/his heart with this breakfast Valentine idea from the Hovis Bread Co.
So cute that I styled my own toast this way for myself this morning and may even continue to do so every morning.
|Posted on February 13, 2016 at 10:35 AM||comments (0)|
Even though I will be spending Valentine's Day solo this year, I still am enough of a romantic about the whole thing. So when I spotted this 2014 Valentine video, I had to share it.
A crew from Funny How Flowers Do That were sent out to install 1500 cute little boxes that are modeled after emergency boxes. Each containing a single red rose, these were installed throughout crowded and well-known romantic areas of Paris. In case you met your love at first sight, all you had to do to get her/his attention was to just break the glass and take the flower.
"In case of love at first sight, break glass," the boxes say, but it wasn't too dangerous. The "glass" was actually cellophane.
Oh, come on, all you cynics out there, I do know this is just a promotional video to buy roses, but it's still pretty cute. Just sit back and enjoy - and check out this one for 2016.
This Valentine’s Day they're sending out the 'Command Cupid' who's equipped with a high-tech bow that streams live video of real people on the streets of Paris and Berlin. This remote-controlled Cupid will be handing out real roses to the lucky folk that spot him.
But if you're solo, like me, this Valentine's day, the council has you covered. Click here to find out how to survive the day alone or with other solo Valentine friends.